PDA

View Full Version : Guestbook..

djshongo
05-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Hi,
Looking to set up a guestbook on my website that people can visit and leave comments.

Anybody know of any good free ones, or how i go about setting one up?

Corrosive
05-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Hi,
Looking to set up a guestbook on my website that people can visit and leave comments.

Anybody know of any good free ones, or how i go about setting one up?

Try...

http://js-kit.com/

Comments bit

djshongo
05-21-2009, 01:08 PM
Thanks!!

:)

djshongo
05-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Hey,
ive looked at this, not too sure how it works, ive reat thru all the tutorials online etc.. It appears diff in IE than it does in FFox..

Also, im unable to see the 'browse' button for uploading pics. the 'leave a comment' and 'tools' are there ok and all works fine..

Anybody used this b4 or know wat on earth im talking about?
thx
johnny

Corrosive
05-22-2009, 06:15 AM
Hey,
ive looked at this, not too sure how it works, ive reat thru all the tutorials online etc.. It appears diff in IE than it does in FFox..

Also, im unable to see the 'browse' button for uploading pics. the 'leave a comment' and 'tools' are there ok and all works fine..

Anybody used this b4 or know wat on earth im talking about?
thx
johnny

I'd have to look again as I haven't used it in a while. I thought you just pasted some script and then controlled from the hosted control panel. I'll have a squizz later.

djshongo
05-22-2009, 12:58 PM
thank Corrosive!! id appreciate that :)

it is just a simple copy and past, and it does work, however the 'upload pic' button doesnt show :s

and im not too sure why it appears dii in diff browsers?!

Corrosive
05-22-2009, 01:00 PM
thank Corrosive!! id appreciate that :)

it is just a simple copy and past, and it does work, however the 'upload pic' button doesnt show :s

and im not too sure why it appears dii in diff browsers?!

Have you got a URL where you have this installed please (promise I won't pick your code apart too much :wink: )

djshongo
05-22-2009, 01:22 PM
(promise I won't pick your code apart too much :wink: )
Yea right! lol

In not showing you my site! haha

Nah I havnt got it uploaded yet, I was just messing around with it in dreamweaver, and previewed it in IE, worked fine, however in IE it takes up the whole width of the screen, whereas in FF its a nice small clean pop-up box.

Plus as i said, there is no 'upload pic' button as there is in the example on their website. Maybe i have to play around with the CSS?

Corrosive
05-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Yea right! lol

In not showing you my site! haha

Nah I havnt got it uploaded yet, I was just messing around with it in dreamweaver, and previewed it in IE, worked fine, however in IE it takes up the whole width of the screen, whereas in FF its a nice small clean pop-up box.

Plus as i said, there is no 'upload pic' button as there is in the example on their website. Maybe i have to play around with the CSS?

I'm not sure how much of it will work if your site isn't live. That might be the key. Also make sure there is no height attribute on the div you have placed it in as it will want to 'grow' with the content and actions.

djshongo
05-22-2009, 01:59 PM
OK i'll try make it live and see what happens :)

I'm inserting it inside another div on my page, my main content div,, would that make a diff to anything?

thanks

Corrosive
05-22-2009, 02:00 PM
OK i'll try make it live and see what happens :)

I'm inserting it inside another div on my page, my main content div,, would that make a diff to anything?

thanks

Dude, PM me when you have it live.