PDA

View Full Version : Render print media

BarryD
05-20-2009, 05:29 PM
(1) Is there a way to have Dreamweaver display a "Live Preview" of a page "Rendered as Print Media"? I've styled (CSS) a page that prints exactly as I want from IE7. I have had to go back and forth between the display view in DW and print preview in my broswer to get it right. (2) I've got text in three side-by-side AP divs. On the DW display (in print rendering mode) the text spills out the bottom of each AP div. I must need to add some magic code to the print.css, but I'm clueless. Perhaps, #2 is why the DW display does not match the printed document. P.S., the fonts are all styled as pts in the print.css - Any suggestions/thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

d a v e
05-21-2009, 03:36 AM
you could swap over the media="print" with media="screen" in your stylesheet links, then you will see how it will print in IE without having to go to print preview in IE. (don't forget to swap them back round when you've done;)
DW preview is only eve an approximation and basically you need to work in your browsers' (note where the apostrophe is!) preview.

BarryD
05-21-2009, 03:56 AM
Great suggestion. The preview in "Live view" is close enough to help me style the page. Thanks again!