PDA

View Full Version : PS used to build sliced site. IE looks fine Firefox Not.

wauketa
05-20-2009, 03:21 PM
I dont understand why would my site look fine in Internet explorer but in firefox my site pulls apart at the sliced seems... Any input would be great...

Corrosive
05-20-2009, 03:34 PM
I dont understand why would my site look fine in Internet explorer but in firefox my site pulls apart at the sliced seems... Any input would be great...

Exporting your site from photoshop gives you a table based design. These are very hard to get right cross-browser. If you want to create a website then learn the right way with div and CSS positioning. Back to the drawing board I'm afraid.

wauketa
05-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Even though I inserted a div tag around the whole site? I was under the impression that would convert it into a css site not a table site?

Corrosive
05-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Even though I inserted a div tag around the whole site? I was under the impression that would convert it into a css site not a table site?

Have you got a link please?

wauketa
05-20-2009, 03:59 PM
http://fstconcepts.com/

I appreciate your time....

Corrosive
05-20-2009, 04:02 PM
[URL]
I appreciate your time....

No problem, but it has still given you a table based design. Your education begins here Keith...

http://www.w3schools.com

We'll help all we can.

wauketa
05-20-2009, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the Link, Much to learn I have...
Unfortunatley I'll have to keep this site as is until I learn enough to re-do it.

By the way... what were your impressions of the site... you can be brutal, i can take it.

Corrosive
05-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the Link, Much to learn I have...
Unfortunatley I'll have to keep this site as is until I learn enough to re-do it.

By the way... what were your impressions of the site... you can be brutal, i can take it.

I like it overall but the one minor criticism I would have is there is probably too much depth to things like the buttons. Some drop shadows, used sparingly, can give a nice effect but yours make some stuff look like it is really far off the web page and it is a bit odd.

wauketa
05-20-2009, 07:41 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Looked good in PS but once I saw it posted as a site... a bit to much.
I will make sure I tailor it back next time...
THANKS!

DWcourse
05-21-2009, 01:33 AM
If, when you Save for Web and Devices from Photoshop, you choose the XHTML the html page will use divs rather than tables.