PDA

View Full Version : html links problem

quakebo
05-17-2009, 01:35 PM
I have dreamweaver 8 and cs4 trial and want to know if it is possible to have it check all my html links as most of them link to the worng place and then correct them for me.

a lot of my links are linking to a html file which is the correct file but it is looking in the wrong folder for the file.

so I would like dreamweaver to check all my web pages of which there are about 460 and make sure each link checks the correct folder for the html file.

Corrosive
05-17-2009, 01:40 PM
I have dreamweaver 8 and cs4 trial and want to know if it is possible to have it check all my html links as most of them link to the worng place and then correct them for me.

a lot of my links are linking to a html file which is the correct file but it is looking in the wrong folder for the file.

so I would like dreamweaver to check all my web pages of which there are about 460 and make sure each link checks the correct folder for the html file.

I have an older version of DW but under 'sites' there are some link check and change options. You can give those a go.

quakebo
05-17-2009, 02:07 PM
I have trid that but can not seem to get it to do anything so if anyone has any help they can offer me that would be great.

DWcourse
05-17-2009, 05:06 PM
The Site>Check Links Sitewide and Site>Change Link Sitewide menu items are definitely what you want. What problem are you ahving making them work for you?