PDA

View Full Version : Working on Laptop...

rserge
05-15-2009, 03:30 AM
I have a folder of websites I have created on my Mac desktop computer. I have recently purchased a Mac laptop. I would like to work on current websites by using my laptop.
What is the best way, or proper way of ensuring the website work on the laptop gets put into the proper location when uploading?

My question is does my harddrive name and users name have to be the same as my desktop naming structure?
I am assuming that it will ask me to assign the root folder on my laptop.
I will have the same folder structure on my laptop, but is that all I need to do?

I hope you understand what I am trying to ask. I basically want to update sites from two different computers.

I recently inherited a new Mac desktop. I transferred all my files over. The harddrive name was different. It affected the management information of my sites. Do I simply go into DW and reassign the root folder of each client?

domedia
05-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Local directory structure has no effect on the website.

I recently inherited a new Mac desktop. I transferred all my files over. The harddrive name was different. It affected the management information of my sites. Do I simply go into DW and reassign the root folder of each client? Sounds like you did not properly export and import the site. You can't just copy the files over and expect everything to work the same way.

DWcourse
05-16-2009, 12:11 AM
You can move the site folder over to your laptop and then define the site again is Dreamweaver.

menu: Site>New Site…

In the Local Info tab point to the site folder you just moved to your laptop.

In the Remote Info tab duplicate your server settings exactly as they were before.