PDA

View Full Version : Formatting a Small Application on My Web Page

kelly2008
05-14-2009, 02:50 AM
I'm adding a small application to my website...the "AddThis button." I have to copy and paste the code.

I'm having trouble formatting where I want it to be placed however. Is there an easy way to do this??

kelly2008
05-15-2009, 05:23 AM
does anyone know??

Corrosive
05-15-2009, 06:58 AM
does anyone know??

You may need to give us a bit more info. Are you using CSS for positioning or tables? Do you even have a URL or some code you can post. We'd be guessing otherwise.

edbr
05-15-2009, 07:27 AM
You may need to give us a bit more info.
you think? otherwise the answer is control -c control-V

kelly2008
05-15-2009, 07:46 AM
Hi, I'm just having a really hard time formatting stuff in Dreamweaver so far overall.

*I'm trying to put in http://www.addthis.com/web-button-select to my website, and I want to put right under my navigation bar. The problem is that whenever I copy paste the code it is difficult to put it where I want.

*I'm also trying to create different text body areas in my main content area, but I can't figure out how to do this. I'm use to programs like publisher where it's really simple to format text boxes, location etc, and it's a lot more confusing with Dreamweaver.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have to get this site going soon, but the smallest things get in my way.

Any good books/tutorials/videos/etc on dreamweaver cs4 that you guys know of is really recommended too.

Thanks, Kelly

edbr
05-15-2009, 08:08 AM
ok got to ask heely , how are you making your pages, if you are making images and pasting in to a blank page you will not get far.
open a css template or download a template from this forum try multiflex37, it has a few layouts and you can see how a page is made using divs,