PDA

View Full Version : N.k.o.t.b.

kearnsy
05-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Hello everyone

Total newbie here hoping to pick up some tips on the very basics of web design, i've been playing about with dreamweaver cs3 now for about a week or so, watching tutorials on youtube, doing lots of reading etc.

I've managed to work out how to create pages, link them together, add content, images, divs, css and a few other things, but i've hit on a major problem.

I designed everything on a 1024 x 768 monitor and it looked great until i took what i'd done to a friends p.c. and viewed it on his 1920 x 1600 (i think) monitor, and, you can guess what i'm gonna say?

I've scoured the depths of the internet trying to find out where i'm going wrong and i think it's something to do with % over pixels but i still can't work it out so i'm hoping someone on the forum can point me in the right direction

Anyway, that's pretty much it for now, i'll be hanging round for a good while i suspect

Rob_Che
05-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Hey Kearnsey, Welcome !

Your homework for this week is to check out 'css liquid layouts' ;)

Rob :)

edbr
05-11-2009, 12:47 AM
as i just suggested in another post you could also consider same layout but centre it, for extra credits look up wrapper divs :)
and welcome to the forum

Corrosive
05-11-2009, 06:17 AM
Welcome to the forum

kearnsy
05-12-2009, 09:47 AM
thanks boys

Rob, cheers mate, that sounds like what i was looking for

coloeagle
05-14-2009, 11:01 PM
Welcome aboard Kearnsy, don't have any homework for ya.

I like being the easy going-non-tough teacher :lol: