PDA

View Full Version : Design view and Live view don't match

aself
05-09-2009, 03:59 AM
I took one long column of info on my page, broke up the info and created 3 boxes side by side with the info in them. In Design View, the 3 boxes are side by side, but in Live View, it is still one long column. I saved the html and css pages so I could preview it in Firefox where it is also still one long column!! I don't know how to fix it since it looks like I want it to look in Design View. Help!

edbr
05-09-2009, 04:43 AM
design view is not accurate as browsers can vary ( and do ) in how they render a page. use only as a rough guide . if it is not how you want in the major browsers then you must address that . if you need help URL or code or we do not know what you have done

aself
05-09-2009, 04:49 AM
Thanks for your response. I'm learning a lot about that. I actually just fixed it. I used a number in my div id which worked in design view, but I guess it isn't acceptable in general. I changed the id name and voila! it all worked.

DWcourse
05-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Design view will often conflict with what you see in the browser. Live view is better but still not perfect and no guarantee that your site will display properly across all broswers. If you;re not testing with FF & Safari Mac and IE 6, 7, 8 and FF PC before launching your site, you're asking for problems.

domedia
05-09-2009, 06:41 PM
I used a number in my div id which worked in design view, but I guess it isn't acceptable in general.. A CSS ID name can not start with a number.

aself
05-10-2009, 03:53 AM
Can a CSS ID name have a number in it?

DWcourse
05-10-2009, 05:04 AM
yes a number in it but I believe not start with a number.