PDA

View Full Version : making a mockup doctor website without content

silverglade
05-07-2009, 12:23 PM
hi, i could make a layout and get some images, but without the content, i dont know how i would make the layout of the page. i dont want to copy anyone's content, so does anyone know how i would make a mockup doctor's website without having any content? i could use latin filler text inside the content divs. but have no idea for the nav links. etc. any help greatly appreciated. thank you. derek

Corrosive
05-07-2009, 12:30 PM
hi, i could make a layout and get some images, but without the content, i dont know how i would make the layout of the page. i dont want to copy anyone's content, so does anyone know how i would make a mockup doctor's website without having any content? i could use latin filler text inside the content divs. but have no idea for the nav links. etc. any help greatly appreciated. thank you. derek

Yes, use the lipsum generator for latin text...

http://www.lipsum.com/

This gives a good representation of what normal text will look like in a design. Then use some pretty standard page names for your links i.e. 'Home', 'About', 'Services', 'Location', 'Opening Hours' and 'Contact Us' would be some suggestions. You could use others.

silverglade
05-07-2009, 01:24 PM
great thanks again corrosive. i will do that. good advice. also, im SWINE FLU FREE as well.. YES!:mrgreen:

Corrosive
05-07-2009, 01:30 PM
also, im SWINE FLU FREE as well.. YES!:mrgreen:

Glad to hear it mate :)

davidj
05-07-2009, 01:42 PM
Day 14 ...and still Swine Flu free

I had the trotters this morning!

Corrosive
05-07-2009, 01:43 PM
I had the trotters this morning!

No time for tweets then? In and out!

edbr
05-08-2009, 12:56 AM
re te latin text it is also used in the DW templates, i copy from there the save as a snippet so it can be easily added to any design mock up.

edbr
05-08-2009, 12:58 AM
re trotters way too much info :)

Rob_Che
05-09-2009, 10:41 PM
re te latin text it is also used in the DW templates, i copy from there the save as a snippet so it can be easily added to any design mock up.
Top tip. I like that !

d a v e
05-10-2009, 04:46 AM
there's also an extension on the dreamweaver exchange (adobe.com)