PDA

View Full Version : Convert Frontpage site to Dreamweaver

adanc3rsmom
05-07-2009, 08:29 AM
I was asked to create a website for our dance studio. I did...using Frontpage. It looks fine in explorer and netscape but does not in Safari and Firefox. I am obviously not a professional; but I know enough to know that there is LOTS that I DON'T know. I need to redo the site. I am told that Dreamweaver is the best. It is difficult for me to understand, though... although I have every intention of trying. In the mean time, I need to convert the site to Dreamweaver... hopefully this is possible, or I need to redo the website from scratch within Dreamweaver. Advice? Any advice is welcome!!! The site's address is ppadance.com

(no... the studio doesn't have money to pay a real website designer and I am their best option... only option... :confused: )

d a v e
05-07-2009, 08:42 AM
have you bought dreamweaver yet?

edbr
05-07-2009, 08:42 AM
i would say start again. the site is in tables which is nor so good.
styling is inline where if you use a css sheet you will be able to make site wide changes later on easily.
Dreamweaver is , i would say the most common program used to create websites generally and comes with some tutorials
this forum has a lot of members that will be here to help and advise .
welcome to the forum btw

adanc3rsmom
05-07-2009, 08:47 AM
Thank you both. Yes, I've bought Dreamweaver CS4. This sounds silly... but I am overwhelmed... scared... of the program. I'll probably feel better once I dive in...

Corrosive
05-07-2009, 09:22 AM
Don't be scared. It isn't that daunting once you get into it. Make sure you read the manual and get a good book on DW/HTML/CSS. Have a look at the books on this site for some guidance. It might take you a while so I hope you are not on a tight deadline.

domedia
05-07-2009, 04:28 PM
I would hold a fundraiser and get it done properly.. Who would ask their neighbors teenage son to architect their house? 8)

edbr
05-08-2009, 01:11 AM
go for it new knowledge is always (usually) good