PDA

View Full Version : Integration of a Fireworks CS4 Generated Slideshow Into Dreamweaver CS4

john93
05-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I am no dreamweaver expert so I came to you guys for help. :mrgreen:
I'm making a layout in photoshop that is going to be exported to dreamweaver. The thing is I want a flash slideshow to be integrated into the layout. But in a way that its is partially covered with a Layer.
You will understand if you see the image below.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4ba7c505ad5a20c8e5c3dee5769931ece04e75f6 e8ebb871
I want it to be in the top right corner. I think I can make the flash slideshow no prob, but how to get it there I have no idea.
I thought maybe I could add a layer in Fireworks for the section covering the slideshow (I dont know if thats possible) and then leave the space in photoshop blank. Then I could maybe import the slideshow to dreamweaver. Can I do that? and how? or is there a simpler way?:confused:

(BTW I am slicing the Photoshop layout to export)

I hope I made some sense.
Thanks in advance.

domedia
05-06-2009, 08:03 PM
If it's just simply a slideshow, I would drop flash all together and do it with javascript instead.
When you say 'export', what do you mean? Do you not slice out the needed graphics and put together with CSS?

john93
05-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the quick reply,
by exporting i do mean what you said,

How would I do it with javascript?

john93
05-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Does anyone in this forum know how to do this,
like is it beyond our capabilities,
do I have to seek advice from an expert?
Weren't you guys the experts?

Corrosive
05-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Weren't you guys the experts?

Nope, just some friendly folks who help out if we can.

I would create a div/layer and insert the slideshow using the inbuilt commands in CS4. Position it where you want it with CSS and then position another layer over the top and make sure it has a higher z-index than the div with the slideshow in it.

Please don't mistake this forum for a helpdesk.

domedia
05-07-2009, 04:30 PM
How would I do it with javascript?
Any way you want to. If you're unfamiliar with JavaScript(?), have a look at some of the JS libraries.