PDA

View Full Version : Novice question - template / background that doesn't require reloading

nu_groove
05-04-2009, 10:05 PM
Hi all, and thanks in advance for your help.

I'm really sorry about this question - I'm a total novice and not sure how to 'describe' my query.

Is it possible to have a template or similar for every page on my website that has all the common menu links and only loads once when navigating round the site?

I made a site a few years ago and when you navigate to a new page each one has to load.

Am I making any sense at all?

Thanks

Daniel

old website is djmchambers.co.uk

Rob_Che
05-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Is it possible to have a template or similar for every page on my website that has all the common menu links and only loads once when navigating round the site?

Hey Nu_Groove - Strangely enough, they're called 'Template Pages' !

See Toby's tutorial here>> http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/dreamweaver-templates.php

Rob

nu_groove
05-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks for that Rob_Che,

When viewed for the first time in a web browser, will the non-editable regions reload on every page, or will the browser recognise it in the cache?

Thanks again

Corrosive
05-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Thanks for that Rob_Che,

When viewed for the first time in a web browser, will the non-editable regions reload on every page, or will the browser recognise it in the cache?

Thanks again

The browser cache should handle any elements that are consistent through your site. Keep your code clean and your pages lightweight and you will be fine with modern broadband speeds.