PDA

View Full Version : Web Form Handler Question

Crobin8
05-02-2009, 12:24 PM
I recently created (DreamweaverMX4) an HTML property rental application form and used the following code within the form

<form action="/webformmailer.php" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="thankyou.html" />
<input type="hidden" name="form_order" value="alpha"/>
<input type="hidden" name="form_delivery" value="default"/>
<input type="hidden" name="form_format" value="html"/>

It works beautifully, EXCEPT.....the form format. When I receive the form back in my email and open it, its NOT html, its a list of all the form fields. Seems my format value 'html' isn't working. Is there another code I need to input to have this form come back to me as an HTML file? Looking like the original form? Filled out by my applicants.

Perhaps REMOVE the 'form order' value?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Crobin8
05-06-2009, 11:33 AM
Can anyone out here help me with this issue? thank you

DWcourse
05-06-2009, 02:08 PM
When you fill out the form, is there any actual html in it to be displayed? If not script won't just make some up.

Crobin8
05-06-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I designed the form in html format, inserted the necessary input codes, when I tested the form and submitted, in my email I only got a listing of the form responses. In the input coding should the form delivery also be 'html'?

DWcourse
05-06-2009, 02:28 PM
What I'm saying is that you may be getting an html email but, because it's just a list of the responses, it doesn't look like html to you. Unless the script allows you to add some html or use a template for the email the html option is basically meaningless.

edbr
05-07-2009, 02:32 AM
php can easily send emails in html but you need to code or find a correct one that (usually) send the message as a mulipart message so it will send an tml and text