PDA

View Full Version : IE7 issues...FFX looks great.

jc1cell
05-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Hello everyone,

New member and newbie web designer (dreamweaver user).

Using DWcs4 I'm in the middle of creating a site for a friend. So far I'm loving everything I'm learning and am moving along quite well. One problem I'm having right now (which I feel is CSS related) is the css styled main menu and how it displays on IE7 and FFX.

IE7 is displaying the normal state of the type incorrectly and also it's resizing the menu image making the menu move around a bit.

If you could visit the site in question (http://users.onelinkpr.net/jcsaladin/sosasigns/inicio.htm) and let see if you could find where my error lye's would be great.

Thank you to all.

jc

jc1cell
05-04-2009, 03:37 PM
After diving in and trying different settings I figured out that the problem in the CSS coding was related to not setting the font size in my parent menu div and having it on my :link and :hover statements.

jc

jc1cell
05-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Well, turns out the only problem I solved was the sizing issue on the menu. It seems that the CSS for the colors on the links is still having issues and I can't seem to figure out why.

The main menu color is stuck in IE7 on the hover state color (yellow) when it should be white while not hovered over. As far as the footer menu goes, the color is stuck in the normal link mode even though I specified text-decoration to none.

I've tried several changes to no avail. Firefox is displaying properly but IE7 is not.

Any suggestions?

jc

edbr
05-05-2009, 12:38 AM
i am having problems finding you style sheet , check the path to it

jc1cell
05-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Hello edbr,

I don't know what to tell you regarding the style sheet path. Using FFX, Firebug and Developers Toolbar I can access the style sheet easily.

That being said, I have already solved the issue. It turns out I needed to add a:visited and a:active statements in my CSS in order to get rid of it. Now it looks just fine on all tested browsers (FFX, IE7, Safari, Opera). I'm still working on the build (as I learn how to use CSS and HTML) so I'm sure I will run into other issues.

Thanks for making the attempt to find a solution, don't be surprised to see a new post on any other issues I may run into.

jc

jc1cell
05-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Ok...so maybe you could help me on the following issue. Please bare with me, I'm a total newbie and some things that may be completely simple to others are brand new to me.

So here goes, I have a language link on the top of the site as an image link. Originally I placed the image then created the link, this is when the blue outline shows up but only in FFX and IE7; opera and safari are fine.

I have added other items to the site and am currently trying to figure out the CSS issues on placement of these items but I have included the html and css for you to access.

Corrosive
05-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Ok...so maybe you could help me on the following issue. Please bare with me, I'm a total newbie and some things that may be completely simple to others are brand new to me.

So here goes, I have a language link on the top of the site as an image link. Originally I placed the image then created the link, this is when the blue outline shows up but only in FFX and IE7; opera and safari are fine.

I have added other items to the site and am currently trying to figure out the CSS issues on placement of these items but I have included the html and css for you to access.

Are you asking how to get rid of the blue outline/border?

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28741

jc1cell
05-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Thank you corrosive!! I tried many different options but didn't think to remove the borders since I thought it had to do with the links only (I guess indirectly it has to do with it since it happened when creating an image link).

Never did go into the General forum so I apologize for the question posted since I'm fairly experienced in forum visits.

Thanks again.

jc

Corrosive
05-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Thank you corrosive!! I tried many different options but didn't think to remove the borders since I thought it had to do with the links only (I guess indirectly it has to do with it since it happened when creating an image link).

Never did go into the General forum so I apologize for the question posted since I'm fairly experienced in forum visits.

Thanks again.

jc

Hey, no problem at all :)