PDA

View Full Version : how can u use dreamweaver to creae a website.

amir masoud tamddoni
05-01-2009, 01:44 AM
i know some of the answer, but i need a big list of how u can make a website with dreamweaver if any can answer it for me i be soo happy, thank you

edbr
05-01-2009, 01:49 AM
Dw has its own tutorials in setting up a site. including first step defining a site.

Corrosive
05-01-2009, 07:15 AM
i know some of the answer, but i need a big list of how u can make a website with dreamweaver if any can answer it for me i be soo happy, thank you

Draw up a design in Photoshop.
Carefully slice your images (using your extensive knowledge of CSS & HTML).
Recreate the layout on your page by positioning your images using CSS and div tags.
Publish you site. :)

edbr
05-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Draw up a design in Photoshop.
or take a pencil and paper and draw the layout

chode
05-01-2009, 11:18 AM
A pretty vague questin but I can understand where you are coming from as I was in your position once. Sitting in front of DW and wondering where to start.

Best thing to do is to start to grasp the concepts of CSS. One of the first things I did to get me started was follow this tutorial,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBWiS6soZfs

From there I started to understand the whole concept of CSS and DW and havn't looked back. Learning something new everyday and loving it! Have fun.

Corrosive
05-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Also, if you look at the books section of this site there are some recommendations on books to get you started with web design. Check them out.

Ricky55
05-01-2009, 03:43 PM
A big list, its not play school, do some research like everyone else does then come back with some proper questions and we'll help you.

domedia
05-01-2009, 03:56 PM
A pretty vague questin but I can understand where you are coming from as I was in your position once. Sitting in front of DW and wondering where to start. The manual. If more people would just do this.. 8)

Corrosive
05-01-2009, 04:01 PM
its not play school

How do you explain the triangular window and Little Ted then Rich? :wink:

Chapo
05-03-2009, 01:05 AM
Corrosive.... why people Slice in Photoshop when you can use layers ?

DWcourse
05-03-2009, 05:21 AM
You can slice an image in Photoshop and when you Save for Web & Devices… save it as divs and CSS rather than tables.

In the Save Optimized aAs dialog choose Other for Settings.

Under Slices in the Output Settings choose Cenerate CSS

Chapo
05-03-2009, 06:53 AM
is there a Tutorial for how to do that stuff ? Lynda ?

Corrosive
05-03-2009, 08:22 AM
Corrosive.... why people Slice in Photoshop when you can use layers ?

Morning Chapo

I try to avoid using layers. It is a personal preference but just remember that the more you use layers for the structure of your site there is chance of a user choosing to ignore your styles (such as a user who wants the text to be larger) and this can mess up an absolutely positioned layout.

It's just the way I choose to do things.