PDA

View Full Version : How to put sound into web site

K.Simmonds
04-30-2009, 08:09 PM
I have an idea for a page on my web site. I am going to do a retro page using images of old tv sets and radios. When you click on a tv, an image appears on the screen (I can do that). But i want to make it so that wen you click on a radio .... a song starts. How can I do that ?

Spainhighlander
05-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Hi Keith
Open the panel with BEHAVIOURS

You should see a liong list of behaviours ... generally beginning with the word On ....

Go to On Click (NOT A on cick)

Then go to the top of that panel ... and click on the + ..(plus) sign

You will find a list of behaviours ...
click on 'play sound'.

then browse tothe sound you want to hear

Good Luck

Rocz
05-10-2009, 08:42 AM
OK will sound stupid I am sure, I have Dreamweaver CS4, I open behaviors (window/behavior) I create an on-click, I hit the '+' sign and I see a ton of things I can do such as, call java script, effects, show pop-up message, swap image. But, nowhere on that list is 'play-sound'. I did a quick search in the Dreamweaver help system and it says it should be right there. I'm pretty dang sure I am looking in the right spot as I have used this for mouse over effects on link images. On the other hand, I am such a screaming noob that I have no clue at all and am totally lost.

help
Rob Mroczka

Rocz
05-10-2009, 08:44 AM
I should clarify, I have used add-behaviors for mouse overs, I have never used this play-sound, and not that I really need it for anything, I would like to know where it is should I.

grafikhaus
05-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Maybe this (http://www.grafikhaus.co.uk/dwtutssounds.htm) will help?

Rocz
05-11-2009, 02:22 AM
Thanks for the link, some good stuff at the site, however it did not really help as I think you are showing a tutorial for an older version of DW. It did prompt me to take another look in my behaviors '+' list and in the drop down list under ~Depreciated it is listed. It also appears to act differently than what you have listed in your tutorial, but once again that maybe due to the fact I am running a newer version.

The main thing is, I now know where to find it should I decide it is an element I want to add.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Rob Mroczka