PDA

View Full Version : is there a way to color an object black without selecting it?

silverglade
04-30-2009, 09:15 AM
hi i have a gradient object copy that i want to color black, is there a way of doing it without selecting it? any help greatly appreciated. thanks. derek
im having trouble coloring my gradient object solid black. even when i use bucket or brush it doesnt work.it wont let me rasterize the layer its set to all layers.

i also have a gradient shape on top of a black shape and im supposed to press delete to get a kind of line shape underneath but i cant do it.

one last thing. is there a way to select the shape without using the selection tools like wand etc?

silverglade
04-30-2009, 10:23 AM
i managed to make the underlying shape black. the problem was i had the eye icon on the upper gradient shape.

silverglade
04-30-2009, 02:39 PM
also,

CTRL+CLICK the layer's thumbnail to load it as a selection.

the gradient copy is on it's own layer, use a layer style and put a black color overlay on it.

those are the solutions i have so far.

also i have a new problem, im adding a drop shadow to a circle above another layer, and the drop shadow is effecting BOTH layers! i dont know what to do.

silverglade
04-30-2009, 04:01 PM
but only when i move the drop shadow to a different angle than the underlayer, they both change.

silverglade
04-30-2009, 04:59 PM
nevermind i found the problem . i was using GLOBAL LIGHT!!!!!!! that made both layers change for one light source. anyway, if anyone could help me with this please. i cant cut the black shape underlayer with the gradient shape top layer over it. any help greatly appreciated. derek:mrgreen:

Rob_Che
05-01-2009, 12:30 PM
I'm a little lost here... Have you tried:
Image > Adjustments > Hue/saturation?
(have your foreground color set to the color you want it to be and click colorise in the hue/sat pop up.

silverglade
05-01-2009, 01:01 PM
thanks thats another great option. that worked too. also, does anyone know how i can cut a bottom shape with a gradient shape above? both shapes were made with the marquee tool. thanks. derek