PDA

View Full Version : Creating Automatic Letter Writing page

duanet
04-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Hi there - my first post :o)

Problem:
I want to create a web page that will allow users to check boxes corresponding to specific "blurbs" of text that they may or may not choose to include in a letter that will need to be printed out. They should be able to choose to put it in the main section or and appendix section. The text would show up on a page that is fully printable with proper header and footer images.

I would also like to have an interactive text box for the intro and end part of the letter.

I would also, but not as important, like to allow the users to choose the order of the "blurbs"

Short background:
I have created this in a report in MS Access but the problem is that it seems to be too much work to figure out how to carry over images from the letter head from an Access report to a Word doc. I cannot use PDF as I am not sure if all the users of the database will be able to use it (and be able to program it properly for very remote computers). I have decided to see if I can figure out a way to create it in Dreamweaver.

Questions:
Is this possible? Will it require ASP/Cold Fusion? Or can it be done with straight forward coding?

domedia
04-30-2009, 02:57 PM
You have to build an application that can do this on the back end. Look in the tutorials on this site if you're interested in the PHP/MySQL route.