PDA

View Full Version : New DW User, Table Width and Border Formatting question

matt8445
04-29-2009, 06:34 PM
I am new to dreameweaver and yes I know I should probably read more up on this, but I am trying to format a table. I have a series of pages and in one side of them I have placed a .htm with links to the other pages as well as a schedule of events for the project I am working on. Now I added info to the events table and it widened and now I cannot get it to look correct. It is appearing too wide on the pages and I do not want that. Is there a way to make it so the width is locked at a certain pixel amount?

I also want to put a border on my table. I went into the properties and put a number in the border field. I got a border, but it doesn't look right. I know that is vauge, but are there other formatting options for this?

Matt

DWcourse
04-29-2009, 07:50 PM
You should really use CSS for this. You can set width and border properties for the table that way. BTW, if you have a long unbroken string of text (such as a url), your table might grow wider in spite of your width setting.

Also, it sounds like you're using Frames as well which really isn't a good idea.

domedia
04-30-2009, 04:20 PM
I know that is vauge, but are there other formatting options for this?
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23515 #2 8)