PDA

View Full Version : Button states. Normal, Highlight, On Click

Boggy
04-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Hi,

I have a college project in which I must make a personal presentation site. I created the graphic design in Photoshop, and now I must "dreamweaverize" it.

I didn't manage to go to the Dreamweaver classes, so, I'm as noob as I can be in Dreamweaver, but I learn quickly.

So. I have the main page, and 3 states for each button: normal, highlight and on click(I have them as layers). I exported the main page as .html document, and opened it in Dreamweaver. I managed to find out how to actually make a button with the Polygonal Hotspot Tool(the buttons are not simple in design).

Now I ask you: How can I make those 3 states for each button? Someone told me to go to Insert/Image objects/Rollover Image, but I don't know how to particularize this for just one button.

I attached the main page graphic. The top left button is in highlight state, and the top right is in "on click" state. The two on the bottom are normal.

The project is due 11 May.

Regards,
Bogdan

DWcourse
04-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Going to class can be such a pain. Is your page one giant graphic or is it sliced into several graphics? In other words, is each button in a separate graphic?

Also DW's rollover images don't define a separate click state. You can do it with CSS though.