PDA

View Full Version : overlapping images

wolfmanbc
04-27-2009, 02:10 AM
for my portfolio site i want to have the nav on the diagonal lines in those boxes. The images take up more than just the white box that you can see and the images overlap (as shown in the green areas).

How can i make this so that the images are positioned exactly where i want them and not have potential code-disrupting overlapping?

edbr
04-27-2009, 04:31 AM
position them absolutely

DWcourse
04-27-2009, 04:16 PM
having the images overlap will hide some of your link area on the covered buttons though. You could make the whole menu one image and use an image map for the links. Although to have them change appearance on rollover you'd have to swap the whole image.

wolfmanbc
04-27-2009, 10:19 PM
don't ap divs jump around cross browsers? this might be a dumb question but can i place an ap div inside a div?

Also, this is just an image, if i did want them to overlap how would i even go about doing that in dreamweaver?

DWcourse
04-27-2009, 11:43 PM
With the correct CSS positioning the AP divs stay put across browsers. For an AP div inside another div:

Absolutely Positioned (AP) divs are positioned with reference to top-left corner of the nearest parent div with the CSS position property explicitly defined.
In the absence of a parent div with the CSS position property explicitly defined, the AP div will be positioned with reference to the top-left corner of the browser window.

wolfmanbc
04-28-2009, 01:33 AM
ok, how do you assign a parent div to the ap div?

DWcourse
04-28-2009, 02:02 AM
<div id="parent">
<div id="child"></div>
</div>

If parent has a CSS position property (relative or absolute) defined and child is absolutely positioned, child will position in relationship to the top-left corner of parent.