PDA

View Full Version : cs4 immediate crashes

lehuanani
04-26-2009, 09:17 AM
I installed the trial version of DW CS4 a couple weeks ago, and have since reinstalled because of these crashes.

EVERY time i click or pull down to the LIVE VIEW option, DW crashes and closes. Every time i click the NAVIGATOR wheel icon, DW crashed and closes. every single time. There could be more places i haven't yet come across yet, but this is already enough. Does anyone know what is causing this? I have tried with no other apps open, have lots of HD space and RAM, running on mac G5, os 10.4.11. I do not have older versions of DW installed.

Help please!!

davidj
04-26-2009, 11:45 AM
the program has a corruption in a library its using (probably Live view!)

reinstall Dreamweaver

make sure you delete the installed directory before reinstalling

DWcourse
04-26-2009, 06:33 PM
You also might try quitting Dreamweaver, deleting the preference file and restarting. That will force DW to rebuild its preferences. A corrupted preferences file can cause frequent crashes.

janetstocker
04-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Can anyone help me with the home page? I have been using PageMill3 but now when I click on the "start" (homepage) folder, the whole program crashes. I have installed the trial version of DM4 but don't know where to start. My site is www.treadleart.com (http://www.treadleart.com) Thanks, Janet Stocker

DWcourse
04-29-2009, 04:02 AM
Janet, You should have posted in a new thread. Perhaps one of the mods will split this off for you.

You need to define your site in Dreamweaver CS4. Local info points to the folder on your computer which holds the website and Remote info includes the ftp info.

If you can't figure that out, PM me and I can send you a tutorial that should help.

edbr
04-29-2009, 04:08 AM
DWcourse if you want to turn that into a tutorial im sure it would be apreciated here
(http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/member.php?u=27133)

DWcourse
04-29-2009, 04:18 AM
edbr, html, pdf or? If I get time, I'll try to pull it into a presentable format.

janetstocker
04-29-2009, 04:42 AM
Where do I find the info to 'define my site?' I believe it is already defined in PageMill3 but I need to define it in DW? Yes, I would really appreciate a tutorial. Janet

DWcourse
04-29-2009, 05:16 AM
Janet, yes you have to define your site in Dreamweaver. I PMed you on this forum. Reply with an email address and I'll send the tutorial.

edbr
04-29-2009, 05:22 AM
Domedia will contact you reformat

janetstocker
04-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Hi, I don't know what PM means, but my address is janetstocker@comcast.net. Thanks, Janet

DWcourse
04-29-2009, 07:37 PM
If you click on a user's name to the left of their post, you get a popup menu. The third option is "Send a private message to…" That let's you message a person without the rest of the members seeing it.

You can read your Private Messages (PMs) from the user control panel (the User CP link in the medium blue menubar at the top of the page.

BTW, I'll email you the info.