PDA

View Full Version : CSS and Frames

mocheesehead
04-24-2009, 07:11 PM
Hello All...first time poster!

I have a web page with four frames (all the way across the top, center, right, left) all wrapped up in index.htm. The center frame is the "main" frame where most of the content resides. I am new to CSS and trying some basic tasks!

I am hoping to use an external style sheet, "nwstyle.css". So...I create a simple style (Text-Arial-24px) and it saves it to the external sheet. When I highlight the text and go down to "targeted rule" to apply the rule, "Text-Arial-24px) is not one of the options. If I just open up "nwstyle.css" everything is there. If I open the htm file, in this case, box.htm, by itself, I can apply the styles. It is just when I try to do this with a bunch of frames that it pukes.

I am a fairly smart guy, but this css thing is driving me absolutely crazy...I hope it is worth it!

Thanks and any help would be appreciated!

Pat
Adobe Dreamweaver CS4

Cary
04-24-2009, 10:04 PM
Welcome,

You pretty much answered your own question. You will need to work with individual frame content when styling if you can't do it when using the frameset.

d a v e
04-25-2009, 05:08 AM
you would also be better dropping the frame altogether and the problems associated with them ;)

domedia
04-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Second dave's post.
If you would just drop the frames and make regular web standard web pages, you would make this a whole lot easier for you.

mocheesehead
04-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the responses. I am doing a wholesale rework of my pages, dropping frames completely.

Thanks again,

Pat