PDA

View Full Version : Re-occuring gap appearing in my sites

chode
04-24-2009, 06:00 AM
hey guys, another pesky IE6 and 7 problem question sorry.

I only have the latest versions of all the browsers on my laptop so its making it hard to test sites (in IE 7 and below) unless I upload them to the net as Im going which is a bit of a pain. Anyway the same one thing seems to be happening to all of my sites in IE7 and below.

Have a look at http://www.aviation-consulting.com.au/ in any current version of firefox, IE, chrome whatever and then have a look in IE7 or below if you're able to. In the older IE's you'll notice two gaps appearing once underneath the main header and then again under the sub menu. This is happening in another site I have just done and I was wondering if any of you could tell me what it is?

Im sure I could get there myself eventually but its a pain changing one aspect and then having to upload it to net and use one of the browser checking sites to see if it has worked.

Any help much appreciated

Cheers

Chode

edbr
04-24-2009, 06:05 AM
check out ietester , it will show you ie versions from 5.5 up.

chode
04-24-2009, 06:16 AM
thanks for the reply. Does that actually tell you what the problem is? Or does it only let you view your site on IE 5.5 and above?

chode
04-24-2009, 06:29 AM
cheers edbr that program will come in mighty handy when testing. I still havn't figured out the gaps however so if anyone out there who knows thier browser compatibility problems pretty Id appreciate any help.

Chode

chode
04-24-2009, 06:37 AM
Figured it out thanks guys. For some reason the div below the gap has to have a top margin of about -5 to close the gap. Bloody explorer! Hopefully with IE8 so far seeming to have no problems we might be past the era of browser incompatibility.:roll: wishful thinking anyway.