PDA

View Full Version : Converting Powerpoint to Flash

BarryD
04-23-2009, 06:47 PM
Has anyone converted Powerpoint slideshows to .swf files? I used a program called, Flashpoint, to do this. The conversion was done perfectly (and I could add the media file to my page); but, there was a momentary black flash before the initial slide was displayed. I searched in Microsoft's knowledge base and this is a known issue when native Powerpoint files are displayed in Internet Explorer. I hoped this would not occur in a file that had been converted to .swf format. I wonder, has anyone found a work-around for this?

davidj
04-23-2009, 06:57 PM
you could try importing your swf into flash

it drops every tween in as a keyframe

just move the playhead along to the blank keyframe and delete it

i remember seeing this along time ago with some issues i had with a converted swf and this is how i sorted it. This only works of course if its a blank keyframe which causes it

BarryD
04-24-2009, 02:13 PM
Thanks for this reply. I'm doing this without Adobe Flash. I don't have very much experience with DW and wanted to create a page with a slide show without learning another program. From the Microsoft website, "This behavior occurs because Internet Explorer loads the entire movie into a cache before it starts to play the movie. The screen turns black momentarily while the movie is loaded into the cache." I've pretty much decided on foregoing the slide show for now but wondered if there was a work-around, especially, because I'm not inserting an actual Powerpoint file. When I've mastered DW, I'll tackle the Flash program.