PDA

View Full Version : Opening browser in a specific size?

brianh
04-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Can anyone tell me how I can get a new browser window to open to a specific size without using the "open browser window" behavior? Ie as if I was navigating from the Dreamweaver Club site to my website? Thanks.

mangofreak
04-23-2009, 06:31 PM
On your "link" you can add the specific "behavior" you want to open a document on a determined size window.

This is the code that the "behaviour" will write:

<a href="#" onclick="MM_openBrWindow('http://www.yourlink.com','mywindow','toolbar=yes,location =yes,status=yes,menubar=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizab le=yes,width=1024,height=768')">link</a>

brianh
05-08-2009, 05:24 AM
What if I don't use a link? Like if someone just navigates to my site from another website can I get the index page to open to a specific size? Thanks.

edbr
05-08-2009, 05:36 AM
no. you can put your content in a sized div but thats about it

Corrosive
05-08-2009, 06:02 AM
What if I don't use a link? Like if someone just navigates to my site from another website can I get the index page to open to a specific size? Thanks.

Why on earth would you want to restrict a user's browser size?

d a v e
05-08-2009, 07:35 AM
yeah - it's intensely annoying :(

edbr
05-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Day 15 ...and still Swine Flu free!
could you be any rasher Toby?

domedia
05-08-2009, 03:16 PM

The only time I see this is warranted is if you have a specific size flash movie you want to play in a certain browser size. It seems like people have a splash page in this occasion, which open up a pop-up window once you hit 'enter'.

To make this new window, just use DW's built in popup maker.

Corrosive
05-08-2009, 04:39 PM
The only time I see this is warranted is if you have a specific size flash movie you want to play in a certain browser size.

Or if you have built your website suited to a specific screen res and you have just realised it is completely knackered on anything other than your PC... :wink:

DWcourse
05-08-2009, 09:50 PM
It's just bad UI to change the size of a user's browser window. Especially considering you don't know the environment they are working in.