PDA

View Full Version : Spry Tabbed Panel (Copying)

TARCON
04-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Ok, I am new to this forum and somewhat new to Dreamweaver in general.

I am going to put apartment listings on my site so I created a pretty extensive Spry Tabbed Panel for a listing. There are several div tags in the tabbed panel. What I want to do is use the same one for each listing I put on the site, but just edit some text and photos so it is appropriate for a each apartment. How do I, essentially, copy the first Spry Tabbed Panel and paste it on the same page, creating a duplicate? I know I can just copy and paste the code, but then I have to change the div tag names for the duplicated panel. And I don't want to do that because of the numerous div tags.

Can I save the panel as a template and just add it into my page everytime I have another listing?

Thanks. And I appologize if this issue has already come up. This is my first post so I am completely new. Any suggestions or help would be great!

Corrosive
04-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Ok, I am new to this forum and somewhat new to Dreamweaver in general.

I am going to put apartment listings on my site so I created a pretty extensive Spry Tabbed Panel for a listing. There are several div tags in the tabbed panel. What I want to do is use the same one for each listing I put on the site, but just edit some text and photos so it is appropriate for a each apartment. How do I, essentially, copy the first Spry Tabbed Panel and paste it on the same page, creating a duplicate? I know I can just copy and paste the code, but then I have to change the div tag names for the duplicated panel. And I don't want to do that because of the numerous div tags.

Can I save the panel as a template and just add it into my page everytime I have another listing?

Thanks. And I appologize if this issue has already come up. This is my first post so I am completely new. Any suggestions or help would be great!

Use CSS classes rather than IDs and you can use them as many times as you like on a page. You may have to venture into code view for this as I am not sure how Dreamweaver creates Spry menus. Once you have it OK though, you can use it wherever you want.

TARCON
04-24-2009, 03:38 AM
Awesome, thanks, I will play around. I don't know anything about CSS coding, but I know Java, Visual Basic, and learning Assembly Language so I should learn fast.

TARCON
04-24-2009, 03:51 AM
Ok, I have been playing around and it is working good. BUT when I am in Design view, everything is exactly how I want it. But when I view it in my browser the positioning is off and there are no colors.

I am making a box with the word "Address" in it. The box is colored navy. It looks good perfect in Design view, but not correct when viewing in a browser. Any suggestions?