PDA

View Full Version : .swf file wont play

benjipie
04-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Hi,

Im having trouble getting a .swf file to play in Dreamweaver CS4. When i publish the .swf from Flash CS4 it works fine but when i embed it into a php page it wont show up, everything else on teh page shows except the .swf file. In the folder in my site structure where the .swf file is kept i have the original .fla, and the .flv files.

In Dreamweaver I use the method Insert > Media > SWF to get teh .swf onto the page.

In Flash I use the Media Encoder to encode from a .mov file into an .flv file, then use the Flash import video wizard to import the .flv file.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Ricky55
04-21-2009, 03:18 PM
It depends how you have imported the FLV into flash, if you have chosen to embed the video then this will create a swf file that you can embed into Dreamweaver like you have described.

If on the other hand you have chosen to load the video with the play back component then you will have three files to work with in Dreamweaver.

You will have your main swf, the skin and the flv and all the files most be present for the video to play. When you embed into Dreamweaver you embed the main swf not the skin or the flv.

If you are using the second option then you can skip flash out altogether as Dreamweaver can import the play back component just do insert FLV rather than swf although having said this flash has more choice of skins.

If you feel that you've done all the correctly and all you see is a white space where your flash content should be then make sure all your paths are correct and the script is present the swfobject-modified.js if you are using CS4.

benjipie
04-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the reply Ricky55,

I think im making progess, in my folder i have three files, a .swf .fla. and the flv. Im using teh .swf to play the video through and its now working, although the playback skin wont work (i think thats just a path issue).

Thanks for the help.

Ben.

Ricky55
04-21-2009, 07:50 PM
it will be, you should have two swf files, the actual file and the skin