PDA

View Full Version : Making a dreamweaver built site run on a CD

hotfuss
04-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Hi, Hope someone can help me. I have built a basic site on dreamweaver ( first one I have made). How do I put it on a CD to view it on another PC? At the moment when I burn the remote file to a CD it is still looking for all the images on my laptop, how do I make it run from the remote folder on the CD?

Corrosive
04-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Hi, Hope someone can help me. I have built a basic site on dreamweaver ( first one I have made). How do I put it on a CD to view it on another PC? At the moment when I burn the remote file to a CD it is still looking for all the images on my laptop, how do I make it run from the remote folder on the CD?

You need to define your website correctly in DW > Manage Sites. Make sure all your paths are root specific. I.e. it will start with the root folder and then take the image paths from there >> images/yourimage.jpg

Define your site and you should be OK. You may need to re-do your links though as setting up/defining a site is the first thing you should do!

domedia
04-20-2009, 06:35 PM
How do I put it on a CD to view it on another PC?Copy all the files onto the CD.. (I must be missing something)

Corrosive
04-20-2009, 06:42 PM
Copy all the files onto the CD.. (I must be missing something)

I guess it's not live yet??

Rob_Che
04-20-2009, 10:28 PM
I guess it's not live yet??
Is the poster just wanting to show the site to someone before it's live?

If the paths are local (ie /images/image.jpg and not C:/ etc :roll:) then it should be a doddle-ee-doo-da.

davidj
04-21-2009, 06:36 AM
then it should be a doddle-ee-doo-da.

err thats '3 year old' for poo

Rob_Che
04-21-2009, 12:34 PM
sorry - I should have written ...

it will be a piece of doddle-ee-doo-da