PDA

View Full Version : Which is better?

dopey
04-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Is it better to code yourself in html and just use the page view so you can see what your doing rather than using page view to actually edit your page?

Corrosive
04-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Is it better to code yourself in html and just use the page view so you can see what your doing rather than using page view to actually edit your page?

Yes. Of course. You have to learn to code at some stage.

dopey
04-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Is this the same with layouts??? Should i just code my layouts or the ones provided are good as well?

Corrosive
04-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Is this the same with layouts??? Should i just code my layouts or the ones provided are good as well?

Dreamweaver layouts are ok and you can download templates off the web and add your content to those as well. Depends what you want to do. Build one site or be web designer? One site, might as well let DW do it for you. You want to be a web designer then learn to code.

Just bear in mind that when it comes to fixing problems you will have a better shot at fixing a site you have built than one you haven't.

edbr
04-20-2009, 03:36 AM
working in split view helps lead you to code view more as you continue. or at least it should

Ricky55
04-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Like Corrosive says it depends, if you are just wanting to get one site up and not learn web design then I personally wouldn't even recommend Dreamweaver, there are easier tools to get a site done. Tools like Rapidweaver which is a templates based program for the mac.

If on the other hand you do want to learn about web design then dreamweaver is an excellent program.

Don't be too worried about working with code, HTML is basic once you get used to reading it.

Working with code view though is the best way to use Dreamweaver I think. I don't use design view at all, in fact it very rarely renders complex pages correctly anyway. I just like Dreamweavers ability to complete code as you write it.