PDA

View Full Version : i want to taper a line like this webpage tutorial

silverglade
04-19-2009, 03:23 PM
hi, i got stuck at this one point in the following tutorial

http://www.logotutorials.com/gold-crown.php

at the part where you taper the line, when i try to taper the line using delete and the oval marquee tool, i get an error that says , "warning no pixels are more than 50% selected. The selection edges will not be visible" . any help greatly appreciated. thank you. derek

silverglade
04-20-2009, 03:42 PM
ok after much experiment i finally found the answer to getting feathered "pointed" lines. you have to merge down your layers, select the oval marquee tool.,make the feather a max of 7 pixels or you get an error, put marquee at end of line, press delete, and you have a pointed "feathered " line end. derek

Rob_Che
04-20-2009, 09:20 PM
The tutorial is right. It sounds like you were trying to move a selected part of a semi-transparent layer or image.

What are you merging down? You only need the marquee to affect 1 layer, no?

You make a selection using the elipse marquee - select>feather - movethe marquee to the correct position (for this 'move' you need to ensure you have the selection/marquee tool selected NOT the cursor arrow) - invert and delete.

make the feather a max of 7 pixels or you get an error
That's not correct Derek - you're doing something wrong my friend.

Rob

PS: How many forums do you use? I see your sign on around a lot ! ;)

silverglade
04-21-2009, 03:23 PM
thanks. im going to have to make the pointed line my last move because i had to merge down for it to work. im going to have to do that because i tried a million times the tutorial method and i get an error when i follow the tutorial exactly. also, ya i use 3 forums. 2 web design forums, and one photoshop forum, i figure that way, i have a good chance of getting an answer to my questions, because i have so many. derek

Rob_Che
04-21-2009, 05:58 PM
If you want me to post a picture tutorial I can... it's not a difficult technique but once you learn masking it opens up a world of crazy techniques.

silverglade
04-21-2009, 08:26 PM
that would be awesome if you could post a picture tutorial. i did learn some about using the mask feature to draw out selections with the brush tool, and i learned how to create shines with the pen tool, and dodge and burn, and using gradients. so im coming along . here is the awesome website i found on logo tutorials which skills really apply to anything in photoshop.

http://www.rnel.net/search/photoshop/logo-tutorials-1