PDA

View Full Version : My external links dont work on Safari or Chrome

JV Perth WA
04-19-2009, 08:03 AM
Hello,
I am very confused and ready to pull my hair out. On my website all of my external links with the full address will not work on Google Chrome or Safari - There isn't even a little hand, also not working on my pdf link in my site. But all of my internal page links work. Does anyone know is there a simple thing I am doing wrong. Thanks Jill Perth WA:confused:

pete
04-19-2009, 08:59 AM
You have a large div covering your content, remove line:

<div class="style3" id="content"></div>

from the bottom of your links page.

JV Perth WA
04-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Hello Pete,

Thank you so much! you are brilliant. I have been trying to solve this problem for 3 or 4 months. So does that mean if a div covers the content it doesn't recognize the content?

pete
04-19-2009, 10:19 AM
No it means the z-index of the div is greater than the content, so think of z axis as the 'layering order'. If you put a piece of paper on your desk then put a piece of see through plastic on top of that paper you can still see the paper but you can't write on it because the plastic is over it.

There is the CSS z-index, you should look into that and try to get an understanding of CSS-P (P = positioning).

Corrosive
04-19-2009, 12:42 PM
If you put a piece of paper on your desk then put a piece of see through plastic on top of that paper you can still see the paper but you can't write on it because the plastic is over it.

That is the best description I have heard yet! Nice one 8-)