PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I edit some containers in my Template?

salaroche
04-18-2009, 02:45 AM
Hi:

I'm just in my 3rd month as a Dreamweaver user. I have designed a personal website with a few templates and a good number of pages and it all works very well.

But now I want to change the header for the main template and Dreamweaver won't allow me to edit it. Whenever I try to click on that header container the cursor just turns into a circle with a diagonal line across and I cannot delete or do anything to the content.

I'm thinking this might be a question of nested templates, as I created a couple more templates using the main one as a base, but even if the problem were because of that, I still wouldn't know how to solve it.

You can check some of the code by looking at my website: www.salaroche.com (http://www.salaroche.com/)

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Salaroche

strawberryreef
04-18-2009, 04:06 PM
I am really new to DW as well, but I have run into this problem too. When you are on the page that you want to edit, in the top right corner of the "design" view, it will tell you the template that that page is using. For example,

on my data page, it uses the side_nav template
and if I go to my side_nav template, it uses the main template

My header is set in the main template so it is not able to be changed in the side_nav or data page.

You will need to go back up through your nested templates until you find the first one that has the editable header. It was probably your main template page.

I hope this helps.

salaroche
04-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Strawberryreef:

Thank you for your reply, but the header I'm trying to edit is the Main Template's. I'm not trying to edit the header in an Html page.

It seems that somehow the header container of the main template has been locked or blocked. Wonder how I can undo that.

Thanks again.