PDA

View Full Version : StudioMX 2004

Ochosi
04-16-2009, 01:59 PM
Hello - newbie here! I am planning to upgrade my pc but wonder if anyone knows if my StudioMX2004 suite (dreamweaver, flash, fireworks, freehand) which I currently have running on Windows XP will run on Windows Vista? Thanks

Corrosive
04-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Hello - newbie here! I am planning to upgrade my pc but wonder if anyone knows if my StudioMX2004 suite (dreamweaver, flash, fireworks, freehand) which I currently have running on Windows XP will run on Windows Vista? Thanks

The only thing I have heard is that the insert>table function is a bit dodgy...not really a problem in my book. Try running it as an administrator on Vista.

On that note...you are not seriously considering Vista are you?

Ochosi
04-17-2009, 08:15 AM
Hi Corrosive,

Many thanks for your prompt reply and I am encouraged by the answer.

But I am a little worried by your closing remark. I don't know much about Vista but the pc I am thinking of buying comes with Vista Home Premium pre-loaded.

Is there something wrong with Vista that I should know about? :(

Thanks again

edbr
04-17-2009, 08:20 AM
it is not microsofts best release by all acounts

Corrosive
04-17-2009, 08:25 AM
Hi Corrosive,

Many thanks for your prompt reply and I am encouraged by the answer.

But I am a little worried by your closing remark. I don't know much about Vista but the pc I am thinking of buying comes with Vista Home Premium pre-loaded.

Is there something wrong with Vista that I should know about? :(

Thanks again

General feedback I have heard on Vista is that it is bloated, eats RAM for breakfast and is over-strict to the point of not being safe...just frustrating. My brother is in IT Support and he hates it with a passion. If you go for Vista make sure it has all the latest patches installed before you leave the store. If I were you I'd swap it for XP SP3 if Windows is your comfort zone :)

Ochosi
04-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Thanks for your replies.

I've spoken to pc world and while they say they can't supply the pc with XP instead of Vista, they have suggested I could take the StudioMX CD into the store, load it on their demo model, and see how it runs, which seems reasonable.

Ochosi

Corrosive
04-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks for your replies.

I've spoken to pc world and while they say they can't supply the pc with XP instead of Vista, they have suggested I could take the StudioMX CD into the store, load it on their demo model, and see how it runs, which seems reasonable.

Ochosi

That does sound fair but bear in mind that 20 mins in PC World isn't really going to give you an idea of what bugs and failures you may encounter. You thought about buying from anywhere else? Or even just buying component parts and building your own? You'll get a much higher spec for your s and you can purchase XP (or whatever you fancy) and load it yourself.

Corrosive
04-17-2009, 02:13 PM
This is where most of my stuff comes from...

http://www.cclonline.com