PDA

View Full Version : How to incorperate dreamweaver into downloaded templates.

nicknamehere
04-16-2009, 06:19 AM
I have an ecommerce template that I downloaded which uses zencart software. Currently my website just displays the ecommerce template but I want to make changes to the banners etc by using dreamweaver. What do I need to do in order to override or replace the existing graphics in the template with the ones that I have created in dreamweaver? I know I will have to upload it via my ftp program but will I need to erase parts of the template so the new graphics and banners display? Or is it possible to make alterations to the template which is saved on my computer by using dreamweaver?

edbr
04-16-2009, 07:02 AM
yes you can use DW to make any changes or notepad come to that. dont think design view will be much help if that is what you are hoping
the template will name the images somewhee you could alter the mname or re name yore new image to the same as the display i guess if you just want a different banner for example

Corrosive
04-16-2009, 07:14 AM
You can download the style sheet and find out where images etc. are kept and make changes to that. Zencart has a great forum for finding out how to modify it. Bear in mind that Zencart uses 'includes' a lot so you may have to go routing through those files to make certain changes.

The one golden rule with Zencart is DO NOT modify the 'classic' template it comes with or when you update the software it will wipe all your good work out. Save or download a new template and work on that. Leave 'classic' alone...You have been warned!