PDA

View Full Version : ftp error question

Ryan Mister Sir
04-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Trying to use Dreamweaver today

I've been given an SEO project, just the general meta tags and page titles etc..

I was given an ip address plus the User Name and the password. I've tried to connect via Dreamweaver but I keep getting and ftp error. Any suggestions and or mercy, I know I'm doing something wrong here. I've uploaded a screen shot of the attempted connection with the sensitive bits omitted of course.

Thanks

Ryan

davidj
04-15-2009, 12:12 AM
suggest you use dreamweaver to develop locally and use a 3rd party FTP client like filezilla (http://filezilla-project.org/)

edbr
04-15-2009, 02:12 AM
agreed dw is not the most reliable service for this, although many dont have problems, many others do also

Ryan Mister Sir
04-15-2009, 09:34 PM
Yeah it finally worked before I got a reply back from the forum. No idea just took a few tries doing the same exact thing. I was able to get the files from the server and they look fine on my side but when I uploaded them after I finished with my seo work the code would not change. It seemed that because of the php used to build this site I had to write all the title, keyword and meta descriptions in php. It worked eventually some trial and error but what else is new.

My next assignment for this contract is to fix 20 images (color, size etc) and upload them with javascript so they cycle like a flash album. Have to use js but never done this before will let you know how that goes.

I'll consider filezilla in the future thanks for that suggestion btw.

Take care,

Ryan