PDA

View Full Version : WAMP after reinstalling windows!!

tux
04-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Hi All,

After a serious crash I have had to reinstall windows. Luckily I have a second hard drive that all my files are on including WAMP.

After the install I have started WAMP but the services will not start. Do I need to reinstall it. It is installed on my secondary hard drive. If so can I copy all of my files to the WAMP folder after I reinstall it. Maybe I am missing something?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks and regards, Paul

davidj
04-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Luckily I have a second hard drive that all my files are on including WAMP reminded me of Rob!

After the install I have started WAMP but the services will not start. Do I need to reinstall it. It is installed on my secondary hard drive. If so can I copy all of my files to the WAMP folder after I reinstall it. Maybe I am missing something?

check your services in control panel / admin / services

check if the apache ( httpd ) and mysql ( mysqld ) daemon's are running in services

tux
04-15-2009, 06:49 AM
Neither are showing up in Services so I take it I'll have to re-install. Can I copy the contents of my backup wamp folder to the new wamp folder after I re-install? Any issues if I do this?

Thanks David.

davidj
04-15-2009, 07:01 AM
you would be better reinstalling wamp

you can drop any sites you backed up into your www dir

edbr
04-15-2009, 07:48 AM
and export then import database from old to new no?

davidj
04-15-2009, 07:50 AM
not without the service running

tux
04-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks for that both of you.

For those interested I am using Wamp Server v2.0h and have found that when I uninstalled it ready to reinstall it left all of my files intact (ie. Local, Remote and WWW folders). Once I had reinstalled they were all still in my WAMP folder ready to use. Therefore, I didnt have to copy a back up to the WAMP folder.

Thought this may be helpfully to others.

Thanks again guys, Paul

davidj
04-17-2009, 10:22 AM
its a mine field