PDA

View Full Version : Cascade Style Sheets

wasovs4
04-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Hey My Names Wasim And Im Sixteen Years Old Studying Media Law And ICT At 6th Form.

I Am Working On The Website www.emeraldprestige.co.uk (http://www.emeraldprestige.co.uk) As An Enterprise As Part Of My Course. I Just Dont Know How To Use CSS, Even Though Ive Looked Through Tutorials But They Give A Section Only. All I Want To Know Is How To Create A Simple But Efective Design Using A Set Layout For Most Pages. I Want To Know The Simplst Way Of Creating A CSS Website Or Just A Code Which Is Easier Fot Me To Understand.

Please Help Me

Thank You

Wasim Ishtiaq Ahar

domedia
04-13-2009, 05:08 AM
Did you look at the CSS documents that comes with DW?
They can give you some indicators.
Maybe buying a good book on CSS would help as well.
Online tutorials works for most people though..

edbr
04-13-2009, 05:54 AM
One of the major advantages of css is a way to create your design as you want it and be able to make changes at a later date that will change sitewide.
so it is difficult to say All I Want To Know Is How To Create A Simple But Efective Design Using A Set Layout For Most Pages
i would suggest that you could start with a simple layout ie
1 wraper
2 bannersection
3 content section with divisions for side bar(s) so 1.2 or 3 columns
a footer

if you look in the template section of this site there is an example called multiplex 37 with 6 or 7 different layouts. i would suggest you download it and start 'playing with the designs" then any questions you may have can be answered specifically

wasovs4
04-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Online Turtorials Dont Help Because Their So Many Different Areas Of CSS
And Their Is No Help Atall In Sixth Form In This Are As They Say It Is Not Relevent But The Assignment Breif Says It Is.

Thanks For All Your Help..

PS. I Will Ask Questions

Rob_Che
04-17-2009, 07:24 AM
Download a template Wasim - The site you created uses CSS styles (inline if I recall) - these need to be used for layout as well as style. It's not a massive leap from where you are if you created the existing site.

The online tutorial are not that vast. I bet YouTube has some basic ones even - or Lynda.com? or http://www.nrjdesign.com/websitedesignresourceshtml/how-to-build-basic-css-layout.html

Just have a go and show us the results...

RC

domedia
04-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Online Turtorials Dont Help Because Their So Many Different Areas Of CSS Then you should start with a beginner tutorial.