PDA

View Full Version : Flash keeps fading when buttons are clicked

jessa
04-11-2009, 04:25 AM
I have created a simple flash website which I dropped in a simple php page. http://jessaportfolio.com/butterfly.php

Every time a button is clicked, the flash part of the website fades away. Any idea how to fix this? It doesn't happen in the flash player preview.

Ricky55
04-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Just a few side things,

1. You need to make the background of the movie the same colour as the background of the site so you don't get that white block. Not the movie in flash, its the background colour that the embed code uses. If you select the swf in Dreamweaver you should see a colour swatch change that to match.

2. You need a preloader it takes too long to load.

3. Why have you wrapped in PHP, are you using PHP for something?

4. Are you sure you set this up as a proper PHP file with the PHP tags?

The fade seems to be caused by some spry effects that you have set up why are you using these with a Flash piece? Spry is not supposed to be used with Flash. If you want this to fade you do this in flash either on the time line or using action script and tweens.

Hope this helps.

jessa
04-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Thanks for all of the comments. I found the spry code and erased it. Problem solved :) I guess I didn't need to use php. I used php in my portfolio site www.jessaportfolio.com and this is just an example link off of the site so I kept it consistent with the php ending. I made the mistake of taking one of my other files and "Saving As" to create this one and it brought over unnecessary code. This is my first flash website and I did it just to practice some of the action script.

Ricky55
04-12-2009, 04:19 AM
At least you have it sorted now.

If you want to fade things in look at using tweens with action script. If you are learning as make sure you are learning as3.