PDA

View Full Version : stuck at the beginning

tuppence
04-08-2009, 02:18 PM
I have inherited a sports club web site - been operating for a few years using Ipswich.

I am attempting to edit the web site using dreamweaver but cannot get started. I have the password etc and the site is now in my name but.....

Any suggestions welcome.:roll:

Corrosive
04-08-2009, 02:22 PM
I have inherited a sports club web site - been operating for a few years using Ipswich.

I am attempting to edit the web site using dreamweaver but cannot get started. I have the password etc and the site is now in my name but.....

Any suggestions welcome.:roll:

You need to start by defining the website in Dreamweaver (under 'Manage Sites') you will need to input the FTP details provided by your hosting company and then you should be able to connect, download, edit and upload all the pages.

domedia
04-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Get through the first chapters in the help manual that covers how to set up DW.
This is a minimum ;)

tuppence
04-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Get through the first chapters in the help manual that covers how to set up DW.
This is a minimum ;)

Thanks - I hate manuals !!!!:x But I shall give it go. Trying Corrosives suggestion first.

Corrosive
04-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Thanks - I hate manuals !!!!:x But I shall give it go. Trying Corrosives suggestion first.

I just said what it will say in the manual but Dom is right. Please don't go into an existing site, which the sports club may be relying on, without at least having done some background reading. Recipe for disaster :shock:

edbr
04-09-2009, 01:37 AM
absolute download work on your local pc and be sure to keep backup copies so you can always go back and start again