PDA

View Full Version : Newbie wants to create pixel advertising site like milliondollarhomepage.com!

koolz33
04-08-2009, 06:11 AM
Hi All,

I am a newbie to webdesigning but love to get some some tips on how to create a pixel advertising site like the milliondollarhomepage. I am especially interested in how the 1000x1000 cells were created each having individual event listener showing the cell number. Also how images(with links) were pasted over them? This query might really sound dumb but it would really help if i got some useful tutorials or tipe. Thanks a lot

edbr
04-08-2009, 06:42 AM
not a simple process here a freebie if you want http://www.tufat.com/s_milliondollarhomepage.htm

domedia
04-08-2009, 06:43 AM
The great thing about websites is that when you see something that looks cool, all the code is available for you to review. View the source of the page and see how it was done. This is how we all study other websites when we see something we wonder how they did.

Welcome to the forums btw!

koolz33
04-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Hi, I understand that looking at the source gives a fair idea about the page layout. wat i wanted to know was, how do you set the event listener to each and every cell of the grid so as to display the cell coordinate? Also isnt the grid a plain image?

koolz33
04-09-2009, 07:18 AM
Hi,

I understand that looking at the source code gives a fair idea of the page layout. However what i wwanted to know was, how do you set event listeners to each and every cell in the grid so that it displays its position on click. Also, i guess the grid is just an image right?

koolz33
04-09-2009, 07:22 AM
Hi, I understand that looking at the source code gives a fair idea about the page layout. However my question is, how do i set event listener to each and every cell of the table grid so that it display the cell number on click. Also the table grid is simply an image right?

Corrosive
04-09-2009, 07:27 AM
i guess the grid is just an image right?

Just looks like a big table judging by the source code.