PDA

View Full Version : How can I extract/create a style sheet.

lamborman
04-07-2009, 07:19 PM
I have created a template which has an intergrated style sheet. But everyone seems to be saying that a seperate style sheet is the way to go. I don't personally see the reason for this, since I can use my template to change the style of every page. So what are the benefits of having a seperate style sheet.

Also is there a way of extracting the style sheet from the template? or do I have to start over?

domedia
04-07-2009, 08:29 PM
I don't personally see the reason for this, since I can use my template to change the style of every page. So what are the benefits of having a seperate style sheet.
You're pages will take longer to load. There's many other reasons, but they're related to efficiency, web standards etc
Also is there a way of extracting the style sheet from the template? or do I have to start over?
Copy and paste into a CSS file.
DW can possibly do this for you. Is there not an option to choose where you want your styles to go?

Corrosive
04-08-2009, 08:20 AM
I don't personally see the reason for this, since I can use my template to change the style of every page.

Templates don't change styles, templates change content. CSS changes styles and if you want the benefit of site-wide style changes then use a separate sheet linked to all your pages. Simple as :wink:

lamborman
04-08-2009, 02:56 PM
thanks guys I figured all this stuff out yesterday. and remade my site, now it looks like a proper layout with a style sheet instead of a pile of elements chucked together :D

Corrosive
04-08-2009, 03:09 PM
thanks guys I figured all this stuff out yesterday. and remade my site, now it looks like a proper layout with a style sheet instead of a pile of elements chucked together :D

Nice one mate :)