PDA

View Full Version : where can i get images for my websites for free?

silverglade
04-07-2009, 12:24 PM
hi, i was wondering where i can get images to use on my websites for free? and also, how long does a web design company give you to finish a website? any help greatly appreciated. thanks. derek

domedia
04-07-2009, 03:05 PM
A web design company makes their own websites, they don't usually hire other people to do them, it's their job..

silverglade
04-07-2009, 03:25 PM
i wanted to get a job as a web designer for a web design company and was wondering how long they give you to finish a web site. and where the designers get their images.

domedia
04-07-2009, 03:38 PM
There is no standard time for development. Each project will be unique. A project manager will usually maintain the deadlines and milestones within a project.

Legal sources for images are:
1. Stock Photography. Most of these you have to pay for, but some are also free. Have a look at http://www.sxc.hu. For much better photos look at http://www.istockphoto.com, although it's not free, it's extremely inexpensive. The company I work for use regular stock photography. It's more expensive, but clients are willing to pay for quality.

2. Hire a photographer. The best and most expensive option.

3. Take the photos yourself :)

silverglade
04-07-2009, 04:21 PM
great thanks domedia. that helps alot. i guess i will find out how much deadline pressure there is when i start working. thanks for the image resources . im a long way from getting a job as a web designer anyway. but thanks for the help. derek:-D 8)

cocoonfx
04-09-2009, 02:26 PM
read up on project management as this also helps you with arse covering. I normally allow a couple of weeks for a basic site. I alway have a set process i work to. client brief/design phase/test and evulation phase/go live/post evulation and feedback.

silverglade
04-09-2009, 03:06 PM
cool thanks for that info. gives me an idea of what to expect later on. thank you. derek:-D

wasovs4
04-12-2009, 08:42 PM
www.officialpsds.com