PDA

View Full Version : MS Word bar charts

Diesel Junior
04-06-2009, 12:01 PM
Take 2.......OK can anyone help me with this as it is driving me up the wall! OK, i make a bar graph or pie chart in Word then import it into DW. No matter what i do when it comes into DW the text is awful! Fuzzy, blurred - terrible! I have looked but cant find the answer. Should i be saving the graphs in compatibility mode? 97-2003 mode? I am using Word 2007 if this is anyhelp. I have just downloaded openoffice.org and am trying to move a bar graph from there to DW to see if the problem is a DW one, or MS, or openoffice but as yet havent been able to move it from op.off to DW. Help!:(

Corrosive
04-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Take 2.......OK can anyone help me with this as it is driving me up the wall! OK, i make a bar graph or pie chart in Word then import it into DW. No matter what i do when it comes into DW the text is awful! Fuzzy, blurred - terrible! I have looked but cant find the answer. Should i be saving the graphs in compatibility mode? 97-2003 mode? I am using Word 2007 if this is anyhelp. I have just downloaded openoffice.org and am trying to move a bar graph from there to DW to see if the problem is a DW one, or MS, or openoffice but as yet havent been able to move it from op.off to DW. Help!:(

Maybe save as a pdf and then use pdf acrobat to convert the bar chart to a jpeg and insert image as normal.

davidj
04-06-2009, 01:10 PM
why not use the google chart api for building your charts without using word

http://code.google.com/apis/chart/

Corrosive
04-06-2009, 01:13 PM
why not use the google chart api for building your charts without using word

http://code.google.com/apis/chart/

I was going to say that but depends how you want to feed the info into it. If you're set up to do it (as you know this took me most of my weekend) then fine but if all the data is sat in excel it may be more trouble than it's worth.

davidj
04-06-2009, 01:16 PM
im guessing that this is a static chart

djshongo
04-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Import the pic into Photoshop or another imaging app, convert to JPG, then import to DW as Corrosive said maybe?!

davidj
04-06-2009, 01:19 PM
that's a bit round the houses but if it works then back-of-the-net!

Diesel Junior
04-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Case closed! Thanks very much everyone all suggestions helped, especially the google one. Cheers!:-D

davidj
04-07-2009, 09:03 AM
{moon walking!}

Corrosive
04-07-2009, 10:46 AM
{moon walking!}

No, that's Michael Jackson :wink: Good shout mate. Google charts are the answer to everything at the moment!