PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for free web hosting

Kane
04-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Good evening

Right now I have opened a free account with Razy Hosting for testing purposes, however I would like to know if I made a good choice. Should I leave my web there or should I look for another hosting company. To start off my intention is to have a free hosting and later if need be upgrade.

Thank you

Corrosive
04-06-2009, 06:10 AM
Good evening

Right now I have opened a free account with Razy Hosting for testing purposes, however I would like to know if I made a good choice. Should I leave my web there or should I look for another hosting company. To start off my intention is to have a free hosting and later if need be upgrade.

Thank you

General rule of thumb is you get what you pay for. See how you get on. Up-time, features, does it have loads of ads, does it offer PHP? All questions to ask yourself.

edbr
04-06-2009, 07:11 AM
if you just want for testing i would just use a local server

Kane
04-06-2009, 08:04 AM
Good day to all

Corrosive, here is what Razy offers: they say that the up-time is 99.8% and they may add ads
Disk Space 150 MB
Data Transfer 4 GB
Domains Hosted 1
Subdomains 2
FTP Accounts 1
Front Page Support
Advanced Control Panel
Web based file manager
Email Accounts 2
Email Aliases 2
E-mail Filters
POP3
MySQL(v.4/5) Databases 1
MySQL Database storage 10 MB
phpMyAdmin
PHP 4/5/6

Eber, I thought of a free service to "test" see if my web was welcomes or no, if I have no visitors there is no use in paying for a service. Later, if need be, I can up-grade

edbr
04-06-2009, 08:33 AM
any web site takes a while to be recognised and attract visitors.
a cheap hosting with free domain name can be as cheap as $12 a year, but as you wish

Kane
04-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Eber, can you recommend me a web hosting that you consider good. From what I see, putting it up on a free hosting is not a very good idea, I might think that nobody in interested and in fact it’s just because it’s on the right hosting.

edbr
04-06-2009, 10:07 AM
one i use a local company called imediabiz in Ausralia and Indonesia they have cheap 100mg + domain name for about 12 bucks a year with the server in the us there are a lot about im sure some other members will add some suggestions

Corrosive
04-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Eber, can you recommend me a web hosting that you consider good. From what I see, putting it up on a free hosting is not a very good idea, I might think that nobody in interested and in fact itís just because itís on the right hosting.

We use eukhost

NEWGEEK
04-23-2009, 11:00 PM
My personal opinion is that Razy Hosting is trying to get a head of the huge competition of web hosting out there. Take advantage of that offer for testing purpose only my advice.