PDA

View Full Version : updating links on a mass scale?

lola
04-01-2009, 11:36 PM
Hi All

Just switched hosting company who need me to put my files in the public_html folder. my previous provider did not need/have a public_html folder - so non of my links now work.

is there any way to mass update all the links to now include '/public_html/??

thank you, lola

mangofreak
04-02-2009, 12:32 AM
You can do a site wide find and replace. However, As far as I can tell the public_html should not be included as a link since that is your root directory or at least is in all the web hosting companies I deal with.

Your links should work as they are. Have you tested them? before making a change that could be more damaging?

Corrosive
04-02-2009, 08:30 AM
You can do a site wide find and replace. However, As far as I can tell the public_html should not be included as a link since that is your root directory or at least is in all the web hosting companies I deal with.

Your links should work as they are. Have you tested them? before making a change that could be more damaging?

Agree with Mangofreak. public_html is just a document root folder and should have no bearing on your internal or external links.

lola
04-02-2009, 09:26 AM
they were broken, user error! i though public_html had to go in the name - thats so much you've saved me a lot of stresss.

Corrosive
04-02-2009, 09:35 AM
they were broken, user error! i though public_html had to go in the name - thats so much you've saved me a lot of stresss.

No problem :wink: