PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need to create Good morning, Good evening timed images

Noodle777
03-31-2009, 09:07 AM
Hello everyone

This is my first post. Im a bit stuck and need your help. My boss has asked me to to add a 'good morning' 'good afternoon' and good evening' message to the home page on the company website (where it says welcome at the moment).

The message needs to take the form of a gif image that changes depending on what time of day it is. The website has been designed in Dreamweaver its www.loveyourprint.com if anyone needs to have a look and understand what i mean.

Please let me know if you have any ideas where to start or know any good websites that can show me how to do it. Ive tried searching on the internet but had no success :(

Noodle :)

Corrosive
03-31-2009, 11:39 AM
Hello everyone

This is my first post. Im a bit stuck and need your help. My boss has asked me to to add a 'good morning' 'good afternoon' and good evening' message to the home page on the company website (where it says welcome at the moment).

The message needs to take the form of a gif image that changes depending on what time of day it is. The website has been designed in Dreamweaver its www.loveyourprint.com if anyone needs to have a look and understand what i mean.

Please let me know if you have any ideas where to start or know any good websites that can show me how to do it. Ive tried searching on the internet but had no success :(

Noodle :)

I'm thinking you could go down the PHP date/time function. Feed the results into an if statement and then include the images based on the result.

davidj
03-31-2009, 12:32 PM
2 ways

Javascript will get the user time and PHP will get the server time

If you use PHP you will have to pass the values in using JS in order to get the locale