PDA

View Full Version : This might be the easiest question you answer today!

Evans007
03-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Hi all, first of all apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I'm a bit of a dreamweaver noob. I have a very simple database made using phpMyAdmin, and need to create a dynamic page in dreamweaver to display this. I cannot find a cohesive method or tutorial to do this, so i was wondering if one of you kind people could talk me through it? I believe the basic idea is to create a connection object then to input the connection instructions, but honestly I'm stumped.

Over to you!

davidj
03-30-2009, 01:00 PM
i have a number of video tutorials in the tutorial section showing you the basics

i also teach PHP 1-2-1 for FREE! {although there is a guilt clause}

dont use dreamweaver to write your code

domedia
03-30-2009, 08:47 PM
I believe the basic idea is to create a connection object then to input the connection instructions, but honestly I'm stumped. Yes. There's two ways to go ahead: Learn PHP or GO through the manual and learn how DW handles PHP and DB's. Everyone on this forum is going to advice you to learn the language.
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/php-tutorials.php
If not, read the manual and see if the tutorials on dreamweaver.com can help you.

Either solution is way beyond a forum thread. There's no simple 'going through it' it will take some time and dedication.

edbr
03-31-2009, 12:45 AM
it is very possible to do this with DW, it will make its own connection and you can easily make recordsets and drag and drop these onto a page all using DW wizard. n tht respect it is pretty easy and DW help will guide you through it.
However it has limitations as to what it can do and if you want anything not handled by it , it uses a very verbose code which proves not so easy to alter.
I havent actually gone through the tutorials but they are well praised and it would be a valuble to learn php