PDA

View Full Version : Login and Registration Forms

Beeky
03-28-2009, 11:55 AM
I am nearly at the stage to upload a new website. I am not, at this stage anyway, looking to collect money through a shopping cart although this may come later. What I want to happen is that once a visitor has accessed the first page (Home or index page) and then clicked on a link to go further he/she is asked to register before proceeding. Once Registered the visitor will need to login each time the site is visited. Once logged in the visitor will be allowed access to files to download. I also want to be able to capture the registration details for future marketing research. Can anyone help by pointing me where I can find the best tutorial (preferably video) to work on this?

Corrosive
03-28-2009, 12:09 PM
I am nearly at the stage to upload a new website. I am not, at this stage anyway, looking to collect money through a shopping cart although this may come later. What I want to happen is that once a visitor has accessed the first page (Home or index page) and then clicked on a link to go further he/she is asked to register before proceeding. Once Registered the visitor will need to login each time the site is visited. Once logged in the visitor will be allowed access to files to download. I also want to be able to capture the registration details for future marketing research. Can anyone help by pointing me where I can find the best tutorial (preferably video) to work on this?

Hi. Does this have to be done with ASP? DavidJ has a tutorial about doing this with PHP here...

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/vtm/php-login-script.php

I'd suggest you run through all his tutorials as well, just to get a good grounding.

Beeky
03-28-2009, 04:14 PM
Thanks but yes I am using ASP.