PDA

View Full Version : simple photo album in html

dw_curious
03-27-2009, 04:01 AM
Hi. I dont know how to add a simpleish photo album to a site. All I want it to be is inside a table, with 16 thumbs on the left and the bigger picture on the right. Is there a html generator or photo album software that anyone can recommend that would help me to do this please.

Thanks if you can help

edbr
03-27-2009, 04:06 AM
there are bucket loads of galleries around, css,javascript and flash try hotscripts, or any of the script depositories,
its yahoogle time

dw_curious
03-27-2009, 05:57 AM
there are bucket loads of galleries around, css,javascript and flash try hotscripts, or any of the script depositories,
its yahoogle time

I spent the entire morning looking on the internet :( only to find most of these photo albums are very sophisticated and involve PHP or ASP neither of which I understand, or need. I simply want to be able to click on a thumbnail and for that image to appear (larger) next to all the thumbnails, whilst they stay in place, so that others can be clicked also, to replace the bigger image with a different bigger image. The only thing I found that was closeish to what I needed, required an iframe, which again, I was trying to avoid. Thanks for the help.

edbr
03-27-2009, 06:48 AM
look at cssplay.co.uk

dw_curious
03-27-2009, 07:08 AM
look at cssplay.co.uk

PERFECT, exactly what I was looking for. I had already started a lightbox scenario, but this one is much better, so thanks for saving me loads of time.

matt828
04-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Hi, i'm trying to create an image gallery where you can mouse over a thumbnail and a popup window which appears over the rest of the page, i dont know what this is called so i hope i have explained it ok.

Thanks

Corrosive
04-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Hi, i'm trying to create an image gallery where you can mouse over a thumbnail and a popup window which appears over the rest of the page, i dont know what this is called so i hope i have explained it ok.

Thanks

You mean this...

http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox2/